Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Travel Review: St. Louis: The City Museum is a Must See!



We had a very exhausting first part of 2009 between work, family and my expanding belly. So, before I started my new job (which is wonderful!), we decided to take a quick getaway to St. Louis. It was a tough decision since Mimi's health was declining so rapidly, but Mom and Dad assured us it was the right thing to do and to go ahead with our trip. So, we left on a jet plane for St. Louie!

First thing on our list was to go to The City Museum. It is a big playground for kids AND adults. Being five months pregnant, I didn't partake in a lot of the climbing adventures, but Wes had a blast(and I never laughed so hard watching him). The place was amazing. You could touch and play in, on or around EVERYTHING!

The next day we went to the Cards/Cubs game at the new Busch Stadium. I am a Cubs fan all the way and I actually got to see the Cubs cream the Cards. It was so awesome! And the new stadium was very nice but I miss the nostalgia of an old baseball field.
Monday morning we received the news about Mimi. We were very sad. Wes wanted to show me the Basilica, which has 40 million mosaic pieces and after the news, we felt a church would be a peaceful place to visit. The Basilica took my breath away it was so moving and a perfect setting for that day. It was also wonderful to share a special place with Wes.
If you ever have the chance to go to St. Louis, you must go to the Basilica and the City Museum. They are worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment