Friday, August 7, 2009

Old Wives Tale True: April Showers bring May Flowers.

So, April was not the best month ever with the loss of my Mimi. But May did bring new changes for the better. First, I started my new job. I love it and I love the people I work with too. It was an excellent move for me since I decided I am just not the "stay at home mom" type.

On top of that, the belly was starting to expand and I could actually feel kicks which was exciting for Wes and I both. We celebrated my first "real" Mother's Day. Wes surprised me by planting some gorgeous flowers in our flower bed. They are an everyday reminder of how lucky I am and make me smile. There were violets planted too, of course.

Over Memorial Day weekend, my aunts and uncles came over for brunch. They go to Riverfest every year and Wes and I wanted them to see our new home and treat them to a Wes-cooked meal. Thickcuits, gravy, eggs and all the fixings were served. It was a great time.

At the end of the month, Wes and Chuck went to Camp Yorktown Bay to run a half-marathon and Mom and I went all over Arkansas for "baby tour". First, we stopped in Russellville to see my good friend Chrissy and her new baby Chase.
He is such a doll! Then we headed up to Northwest Arkansas to see Angela and Dara's new little ones. Angela's Andrew was so precious and Dara's Charlotte was so adorable. I cannot believe I did not get a picture! I will take some next time and post those cuties on the blog. The girls were so sweet and gave Wes and I are first baby gifts. It was so special. I was glad to get to visit since I do not get to see them much. We also met Wes' friend Drew and his wife Sarah to give them a baby surprise for Miss Lucy. It was great to see Drew and meet Sarah. Lucy made her arrival just a few days later. We can't wait to meet her!

After a tough April, we had a wonderful, family and friend filled May. We felt so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment