Friday, August 7, 2009

June: Traveling, Working, Boating, Oh MY!

Wes was still working his tail off, not only at work, but at the house as well. Our goal was to have our house together by our one year house Anniversary and we were so close. Plus, we had to get the items for Miss Violet's room. And, we were getting ALL of the windows replaced in our home, which was very exciting since we still had the windows from 1921. Energy efficiency---here we come!

I had to go to Charlotte, NC for work. I had never been to Charlotte, but didn't get to see much, since I had training. But, I did have the worst airplane luck ever. Oh well, what do you do?

We went up to Mom and Dad's for Mom's bday/Father's Day and went boating. That was going really well, until we threw Roscoe in the water and he took off up the hill. I then decided I would jump off the boat and take off after him. Whoops! Forgot I was pregnant!! Dad went after him and he was just sitting on the front porch of their house, happy as a lark. Dad and Wes then brewed beer, which has been their summer hobby.

For Father's Day, Wes got a new grill. He is such a wonderful cook, so any cooking appliances he thinks he needs, I make sure he gets. His first grilled Tilapia was delicious!

Mom and I went to Dallas to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in concert. Wes and I bought her tickets for her birthday. Mom and I usually go on at least one trip a year. Although the trip was short, it was a blast.
I am not a fan of pregnant pics, but here is a pic of Mom and I at Disney in 2007.
To round up our busy month, we went out on Greers Ferry Lake with Chris and SuLauren on Mom and Dad's boat. It was hot, but a blast as always. Chris and Wes rode the inflatcycle and did some water skiing, and I must say, they did an excellent job. Here's Chris on the inflatacycle. He was a master by the end of the day!
On top of all of the fun we were having, we still were busy around the house and purchased "our" first new car. We needed a kid/pet friendly vehicle, so we got a wagon and we love it! And it was a busy mowing month as well. I love to push mow the yard for exercise and haven't ceased since I have been preggars. Wes always keeps a careful eye, but I just love mowing. We will post a pic before I have Violet because I am pretty sure it looks hilarious.

June was just a warm up for our upcoming fun-filled July!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!! We always have such a good time with you guys and can't wait to meet Miss Violet and introduce her to this wonderful world of friends and family!

    ReplyDelete