Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Redecorating Tips for a Nursery: Welcome to the Jungle

We finally got the chance to put together Violet's room. Wes was such a trooper. He stayed up super late putting together the changing table, bed and hanging the curtains.He even installed a new fan! He is the greatest! My job was to organize all of the wonderful things we have been blessed with for Violet. Here are some pictures of the room, but like most things, it is better in person!
This is the hope chest that Mimi gave me that my Dad refinished. It turned out so beautiful and means so much to me that Violet will get to enjoy it for years. Also, Mom painted the animals on a hatbox given to us by our late dear friend, Miss Martha.

Animal Fun!


This is one of the original windows from our home (we just replaced them). Mom (Grammie) painted the picture behind it. I love the heart felt touches in Violet's room.


Dad refinished this chair for us. It took awhile, but the finished product is so beautiful. Mom had the cushions recovered to go with the theme. I love them so much for all they did to help make Violet's room magical.


Hopefully, an occasional nap will happen here.


This is where she will be getting clean! Miles loves this spot.


Welcome to the jungle. Wes picked out the fan and the bamboo curtain rods. It was so wonderful to have people who love her so much involved in the making of her room. It is definitely a relaxing, love filled area.

Also, her rug is super soft. I enjoy doing my yoga on it, in my daughter's new relaxation haven. We feel so blessed to be able to bring Violet home to such a space.



No comments:

Post a Comment