Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Social Events: North Little Rock Shower

My wonderful friends Laura, Cecilia and Carrie and my fantastic sister-in-law Serena, gave me the best shower on August 15th (which just so happen to be my 30th birthday which started out great when my hubby gave me gorgeous flowers!). I was overwhelmed by the number of special friends that attended. I felt so blessed, but promised I was not going to cry. Violet was "showered" with such wonderful gifts, including her first pair of cowgirl boots from her Grammie, a wonderful crocheted blanket that Carrie made, an awesome wooden rocker/bouncer chair, a DJ master flash walker and many more special and helpful things. Plus, the ladies each made a scrapbook page for Violet's baby book. They are great and so meaningful! And an added bonus: the food was yummy, especially Laura's pineapple upside-down cake!


SuLauren, me and Jennifer


Susan and Mischelyn, part of my NWA gals!


My dear friend Chrissy and her little man, Chase.


The hostesses with the mostesses: Sis Serena, Cecilia, Momma-to-be, Carrie and Laura.


Three generations of Henderson women in this picture (Me, Mom and Violet). When Violet is born, she will be part of five generations. (Great-great grandma Corrine, Great-Grandma Nancy, Grammie, Mommy, and Violet)


It's a surprise!


Big Momma, Mom, Case and Helen

A wonderful birthday plate from Mr. Case.

It was such a beautiful and special event. Wes and I were so honored and touched by the outpouring from our wonderful friends. We love you all and cannot wait for all of you to be part of Violet's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment