Friday, August 7, 2009

Social Events: Edgemont Shower with Family and Friends

The next weekend, Mom and Dad and all of my aunts and uncles hosted a party (ok, technically it was a shower) in Edgemont at the Henderson Hacienda. It was a blast. Besides my wonderful family in attendance, Wes' bud Jon, Vanessa, Wade and Laura, Jon's folks, and Chuck and Helen made the track up for the party. Plus, some of our family's closest friends were there as well.
Hallie and Case
Dad went all out for the party. He had smoked a ham, made quesadillas and the outdoor party area looked amazing! He and Wes' homemade brew was quickly consumed and everyone seemed to have a nice, relaxing time.

We felt so blessed with the outpouring of gifts for Violet. It was such a wonderful day. Dad had refinished a glider rocker we had and Mom had slipcovers made for it and it was absolutely amazing. Plus, the big surprise was they got our crib! The most moving part of the day was before the party when my aunt gave me a card that my Mimi had picked out before she died. Even though her communication had dwindled, she wanted to make sure Violet got the same treatment as the other three great-grandkids did (oh yeah, I am the oldest by 4 years but the last to get married and have a baby, go figure). I cried. I miss her so much, but it felt like she was there that day.

Wes on standby for gifts.


What could this be?

Picture that inspired me to cut my hair off the next week.

After the party, Laura and Wade hung out with us for awhile and it was nice to relax and visit with them. They are such great friends, pretty much family(they kind of introduced us) and we miss seeing them as often as we once did. It was a wonderful ending to a great event.

Thanks to all who helped and attended. We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment