Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel Review: New Orleans-Katrina did not stop this party town!




In October, we went to New Orleans for Chuck and Rebecca's wedding. Here is a little background on the couple. Chuck is a Worthington. The Worthington's are my (now our) East coast family. I met Theo Worthington when I studied abroad (on the island of Curacao)in 2002. (Yes, this was for law school.) Theo and I have been best buds since and every year, I make the trek to Island Heights, New Jersey for the Camp Worthington 4th of July Party. The whole family (Nancy, Von, Lisa, Andy, and Chuck) embraced me as family and the story only gets better from that point. Wes has been the past two years and they embraced him with open arms as well. We love them and feel very fortunate to have them as "family". Below are Lisa and I at her Disney Wedding and me with Jake (another adopted Worthington)and Theo.
New Orleans was a blast and just as lively as before Katrina. The wedding was fabulous and the usual Worthington fun. Our friends from Arkansas, the Wilson's also came down to go to the VooDoo Music Fest with us to see R.E.M. Wes made it,but I did not. New Orleans got the best of me on Saturday night. After a fun-filled evening on Bourbon, Wes, Chris and I went to Harrah's and ran into Mike Mills from R.E.M. Crazy!
Here are some pics from our pub crawl. Andy's wife-to-be Krystal, is completely awesome and like a sister to me. As you can see, we like to have a good time.
Pictured above: Wes, Theo, Andy, Krystal, me and Joyce
We would definitely recommend New Orleans if you are looking for a fun-filled, stay out late, vacation. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment