Sunday, October 11, 2009

Social Events: Henderson Family Reunion

We took Violet to the Henderson Family Reunion Saturday. I usually do not go to family reunions, but my Mimi was always on my case to go and see the family so I thought I owed it to her memory this year. It was a lot of fun. Everyone was so nice and sweet and there was so much love in the room. After a great meal (think Thanksgiving and Christmas meals and add homemade chocolate fried pies)Uncle Marion and Aunt Louise and others started pickin' and grinnin'. Violet loved the music. I don't know if you have ever been to a proper hootenanny, but it was fun. My grandpa died when my dad was 4 years old, yet the Henderson's have always embraced us like grandpa and Mimi were still here today. That is special and what family should be. Can't wait for next year's fun!

Pickin' and Grinnin'


Violet and Popi


Grammie, Violet and Uncle Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment