Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun times: Grammie and Mommy's Marathon

In a previous life, I ran three marathons (painful, but that good kind of pain :)). After baby? Hmmmm..I don't think so. But to get back in shape from Miss Vi, I asked my mom (Grammie) to walk/jog the Little Rock Marathon with me. She was up for the challenge, of course. There are not many challenges my mom will not take. We trained from October until the big day (March 7th) and had some good times. Violet loved it as well, since she saw Grammie almost every weekend! Finally, the big day came and we finished our 26.2 miles with good timing and good times with friends and family. Thank you everyone who gave their love and support throughout our training and race day (especially Dad and Wes)!

Mile 18 Violet break!


Grammie and me loving on Vi at our Mile 18 break!


Vi with the cheering squad...Great-grandma Nancy.


Having fun with Aunt Penny and Aunt Tammy.


Are Mom and Grammie EVER going to get here?

Our good friends Laura and Wade and Jake came to help cheer us on and celebrate! Violet and Jake hanging out at the finish line.

Woohoo! The BIG finish!


So happy to be finished!


You cannot really see it, but Vi is loving on the medal.

Mommy and her #1 Cheerleader, Miss Violet!

No comments:

Post a Comment